Thursday, September 4, 2014

German Chocolate Brownies



 
German Chocolate Brownies
Hi all!! Today I have a sweet treat that was a creation from leftover german chocolate frosting and a craving for some chocolate in my life. I had some leftover sour cream so I thought what better than to make sour cream brownies, can I get a yes on that?


For the Brownies:

1/2 c butter melted
1 c sugar
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c flour
1/3 c cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c sour cream

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8x8 dish with nonstick spray (I prefer the baking spray that has flour in it)
Combine melted butter and sugar, I find it best to pour the sugar into the melted butter or combine them both and then melt. I find this helps the sugar to dissolve and gives you a better chance for the nice crackly top on the brownies. Next add the vanilla and eggs mix well. Mix in sour cream. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Pour the dry mixture into the wet, mix well. Bake 28-35 minutes or until edges are just starting to pull away, this also depends on your  preference as to how fudgy you like your brownies.

German Chocolate Frosting (From Baker's German's chocolate box)

4 egg yolks
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c butter
7oz package Angel Flake coconut
1 1/2 c chopped pecans

Beat egg yolks, milk and vanilla in a large saucepan with whisk until well blended. Add sugar and butter, cook on medium heat 12 min ( I cooked for 14 min) or until thickened and golden brown stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add pecans and coconut mix well. Allow to cool completely until you reach the desired consistency.

So it is really as simple as that and this frosting I could eat with a spoon, it is truly delicious!!







No comments:

Post a Comment