Thursday, September 11, 2014

Getting ready for Fall!!

So I have started to get into the Fall state of mind lately and of course one thing I have been changing with the season are my nails. I love the colors of candy corn and I thought I would try an ombre nail in those shades. The polishes I chose were #Sally Hansen's Xtreme wear in Mellow Yellow, #Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed and #Wet n Wild mega shine in French White. The things that you will need to achieve this look are a white base(any white polish will work), and a vibrant orange and yellow polish. Some people like to use a wedge sponge for this technique but I find because I have smaller nails it is easier for me to use the sponge applicators that come in eyeshadows. They are the perfect size for more petite nails and they are a nice shape as well. You will also need a top coat of your choice, I prefer NYC In a New York Minute clear polish, nail polish remover and a paper towel.
 
The first step is to apply 2 coats of the white polish of your choice, let that dry. Then on your sponge paint a strip of yellow and a strip of orange polish, dab the sponge on your paper towel to remove any excess and then stamp onto nail in a stippling motion. Clean up cuticles with nail polish remover and q-tip or angled brush. If you are using a makeup wedge sponge be sure to wet it and squeeze out all the water so that it will not soak up as much of the polish. This is a really fun technique and much easier in my opinion than some other types of nail art. This is just the beginning for all the Fall fun, check back for some easy pumpkin recipes and other randomness!!
Happy Fall!!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment